PDA

View Full Version : Ringland Taverham Norfolk

olster
04-07-2003, 21:53
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some details on ringland please?

cheers

Rusty
14-07-2003, 10:30
As Head Bailiff I would be only too pleased to give you any Info. Could you be a bit more specific as to what you require please, eg. are you after carp fishing details or whatever?
Russell.

Swan_Vesta
19-07-2003, 18:09
Rusty

Having popped uo last year with CB1 and walk round the lakes they look vrry attractiveas wel asd the river.

However as far as I can rember I have never seem any one from Taverham on the forum.

So how about some general info on how the lakes and river are fishing.

Preferred method, catches etc.

Swan_Vesta
Bailiff Chigborough.

YEs Guys I'm still alive and kicking ;)

Swan_Vesta
20-07-2003, 08:02
OOPs Sorry about the spelling mistakes things have changed since I last looked and I haven't worked out my HMTL from my URL.

Swan Vesta

Paulm
21-07-2003, 23:07
lol,.... think u mean HTML... http://www.rmcangling.co.uk/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif http://www.rmcangling.co.uk/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rusty
23-07-2003, 11:17
Right lads, a brief review of Ringland then.
Days Lake: Carp fishing slow at present with fish on top and a couple of low doubles to floaters. Best fish recently were a brace of 24lb fish including a nice near linear not seen regularly. Regulars not fishing much as the biggest fish are not renowned for coming out until the autumn. 'Lumpy' at around 34lb last caught last autumn twice in 10days to the same angler. Likewise, 'Bighead' at 28lb was caught twice in the spring also to the same angler!
Tench fishing slowed now but odd fish still showing to 6lb or so, both to float men and carpers. Only a very small number of bream present ranging from 7-12lb here.
Podsons Lake: good mixed fishing for bream and tench to 6lb. Some carp to high doubles and stacks of roach etc.
Rainbow Lake. Very small water with 1/2 dozen carp to low doubles. Also contains tench to 4lb, skimmers and roach.
Gorse: hardly fished but far numbers of carp to 20lb seen basking in heavy weeds. Also contains tench, bream to 6lb but the fishing for these has been very poor of late.
River: sadly only produces small chub, dace etc in summer but outside chance of a big chub, to 6lb+ in winter.
As to methods, nothing really fancy needed, location and timing being the critical factors.
Please feel free to ask for any more specific help. hope to see some of you up in this neck of the woods if you manage to negotiate the A11.
Cheers, Rusty.

Swan_Vesta
26-07-2003, 10:23
Well Done Rusty

It certainely a lovely spot.

Swan Vesta